Sunday, May 22, 2022

A little bit of steam out

 Well... Officially I'm an independent photographer who works for my own. It's been a while. Even before I found myself do lots of work for free to have some photos to show and get some experience. I did lots of marketing even before I got independent. Still some people wants me to work for free. I got an accountant to make it easy against the authorities in Israel. She did sign me, but I found out that it doesn't help me enough with bureaucracy because I still don't know all, for that I have an accountant. And she doesn't give me all the information that I need from her. I got into a mess that now my accountant try to fix. 

And like it isn't enough - I got back for a day job that I did before. I love it, but it has no connection to photography (maybe for those who wants some photos of their dogs). I still don't earn enough from my photography for living. I still do photography of stage arts (mostly dance and music), dogs and vegetarian/vegan food. After a fight with someone who calles herself "a musician" - I got into a group of marketing for musicians. I got some people who saw my posts in the group and wanted photography. It didn't get to anything more than talking. One wanted me to make a full studio with lights of a studio at her house for her daughter. Someone who tries to help me with work told me because of it that my price must include lights of a studio (what? Style and final results doesn't count?). But she did look after that about a post of marketing that I made in the group. The helper told me that the photos are good (and it was the first time that she made a try to see) and the written was almost perfect. And still... And recently someone who was a manager at the magazine I used to work at (and used to tell me how bad I am) made also a post with a price. His price is less than the minimum to ask for a work like that... A day after - I went to see a dance show. for my own pleasure.  I saw 3 (!!!) different photographers in there. One of them - I know persoanlly and she's very tallented but a bit weird person. And a bit after we both wrote comments on a post of someone else and it's sure we don't agree on some things. We didn't talk and I wasn't sure if she saw me, but after few days of silence - someone that I don't know attact me as a comment for this post, a moment after I got back for the show. I'm pissed on it. And jealous that I didn't work that evening and just came for pleausre without taking any photo.

That's it. I took it out.
Few more days I will go after a while for a photography workshop cause I wanna be a better photographer. And a day after - once again a dance show, this time maybe I'll be back with some photos.








And for attention: few photos that I took
of Angela Dance Company.
The photos are getting old from the time
that I started to take this kind of photography.


No comments:

Post a Comment